000024596 - How to customize software token 2.2 for J2ME

Document created by RSA Customer Support Employee on Jun 16, 2016Last modified by RSA Customer Support Employee on Apr 21, 2017
Version 2Show Document
  • View in full screen mode

Article Content

Article Number000024596
Applies ToRSA SecurID Token 2.2 for the Java ME Platform
Documentation error
IssueHow to customize software token 2.2 for J2ME
CauseThe admin.pdf page 11 refers to customization of the token and has incorrect tag.
ResolutionThe admin.pdf, page 11 describes the following lines:

To replace the SecurID image, you must first convert your image from PNG format to Base64 format. You must then add a banner key (X-BannerPTn) to the JAD file and associate the converted image string with this key. When you deploy the customized application, the image you specified using the X-BannerPTn key replaces the default RSA SecurID image.

There is a typographical error in above lines. The above lines suggest to use the X-BannerPTntag; however that is incorrect. The correct tag is X-BANNER_PTn:

1. The image must be in PNG format.
2. An image 127 pixels wide by 40 pixels high works well on many phones, but you may be able to use a larger  image, depending on the size of the phone screen. However, do not exceed a height of 140 pixels.
3. To convert the image, use the Base64.exe command line utility, a freeware program available from http://www.fourmilab.ch/webtools/base64/.

Refer RSA SecurID Token 2.2 for the Java ME Platform Administrator?s Guide, page 11 for more details on customizing the logo.

Legacy Article IDa38827

Attachments

Outcomes