|Applies To||RSA Authentication Manager 6.1|
RSA RADIUS 6.1
|Issue||Patch sequence for RSA Authentication Manager 6.1 and RSA RADIUS 6.1|
Please download patches from RSA SecurCare Online > Downloads > All Downloads > RSA SecurID > Patches & Fixes button - currently Patch 1 is available for RSA Authentication Manager 6.1 and RSA RADIUS 6.1.
Please patch the RSA Authentication Manager 6.1 software with Patch 1 prior to patching RSA RADIUS with its own patch.
The requirements are that RSA Authentication Manager 6.1 software (Primary | Replicas | Remote Administration) must be stopped before applying the patch and be at the same software and patch level before they communicate with each other. The RSA RADIUS requirement is that the RSA RADIUS 6.1 must be patched if applying Patch 1 to RSA Authentication Manager 6.1.
A typical sequence could be as follows for a Primary and Replica configuration using RSA RADIUS:
1) Stop Primary RSA Auth Mgr and RSA RADIUS (only replica running providing users with authentication)
2) Apply RSA Auth Mgr patch to Primary
3) Apply RSA RADIUS patch to Primary
4) Stop Replica RSA Auth Mgr and RSA RADIUS (no systems running)
5) Start Primary RSA Auth Mgr and RSA RADIUS (primary started as 6.1.1 - end users can authenticate through Primary)
6) Apply RSA Auth Mgr patch to Replica
7) Apply RSA RADIUS patch to Replica
8) Start Replica RSA Auth Mgr and RSA RADIUS (replica started as 6.1.1 - both systems now running at same software and patch level)
Please contact RSA Customer Support if you have any further enquires relating to this topic.
|Legacy Article ID||a32946|