|Applies To||RSA Product Set: Archer|
RSA Version/Condition: Any
|Issue||Invalid Session Token or Bad Token error|
A data feed, an external application that accesses Archer through the API, or an integration that access Archer through the RSA Connector Framework (RCF) or the Unified Connector Framework (UCF) fails with one of the following errors:
- Server was unable to process request. ---> Bad Token
- Server was unable to process request. ---> Invalid session token
|Cause||Connections to Archer via:|
An Invalid Session Token or Bad Token error indicates that the user session token was terminated while the operation was still in process. Most likely, this has occurred because:
- The Web Services API,
- A Web Services Transport data feed (which also uses the API), or
- An integration that imports data through the RSA Connector Framework (RCF) or its successor, the Unified Connector Framework (UCF) use an impersonated Archer user session.
The result is that a new session token is generated for the account, and the first session token is terminated.
- Two processes (such as two data feeds) are configured to use the same user ID.
- An external process using the API is started once and then started again before the initial run has completed.
- If this is an actual user ID, the user has logged on to Archer while the automated process is running.
|Resolution||Any automated process making an internal or external connection to Archer where user impersonation is done should have a unique user ID used only for that purpose.|