RSA Authentication Manager 8.2 offers new capabilities that make RSA SecurID more seamless, more secure, more scalable and simpler to administer.
RSA Authentication Manager 8.2 Content
– Seamless: RSA Authentication Manager 8.2 can be configured to interoperate with RSA Via Access where users can authenticate with RSA SecurID Tokens and/or RSA Via Tokencodes from all access points controlled by RSA Authentication Manager 8.2 including SecurID agents, RSA ready Partner implementations and RADIUS Clients. When a user authenticates using an RSA Via Access Tokencode to an RSA SecurID agent, the authentication request will be received by RSA Authentication Manager 8.2 which will forward the authentication request to Via Access for validation. End users will be able to utilize either a PIN or have a much improved experience using Fingerprint Verification as the second factor. Customers will be able to take advantage of the RSA Via Access seamless user enrollment, device registration and software token provisioning processes.
– Secure: Encryption and cipher libraries, core certificates, and Transport Layer Security (TLS) components have been upgraded to meet a number of security standards including FIPS140-2, NIST and PCI for most use cases. Custom display banners can also be shown prior to login to the Security, Operations, Self Service and SSH consoles to adhere to internal corporate legal requirements. The appliance operating system has been upgraded to an RSA-hardened SUSE Linux 11 Enterprise Server (SLES) SP4. RSA Authentication Manager 8.2 can also run in strict TLS mode. For more information, see the RSA Authentication Manager 8.2 Release Notes and product documentation.
– Simple: Traditional SecurID software token provisioning has been greatly simplified in RSA Authentication Manager 8.2. Authentication Manager manages the license expiration of software tokens and provisions “extended lifetime” software tokens to end user devices. These tokens will continue to generate tokencodes for many years past the original expiration date. Authentication Manager manages the expiration date of the license and allows administrators to create a customizable token expiry notification that calculates the number of tokens that must be renewed based on the number of tokens available and the number of tokens expired within a specified time. This dramatically improves the provisioning and administration process. No end user involvement is required.
– Scalable: Additional directory server support, enhancements and performance improvements allows you even more flexibility and capabilities to scale your SecurID authentication solution. Open LDAP has been qualified. The Authentication Manager Bulk Administration (AMBA) tool which automates administrative operations especially for large new token deployments or token replacements is now packaged on the RSA Authentication Manager 8.2 Extras DVD and is included with an Enterprise license at no additional cost.
– RSA Authentication Manager 8.2 includes the cumulative patch rollup for RSA Authentication Manager 8.1 Service Pack 1 (SP1) Patches 1 to 12. These patches incorporate many updates to CVE and published vulnerabilities. For more details, see the RSA Authentication Manager 8.1 Service Pack 1 Patch 12 Readme.
- RSA Authentication Manager 8.2 is available as an upgrade or full kit for the hardware appliance, VMware virtual appliance, and Hyper-V virtual appliance.
- Existing RSA Authentication Manager 8.1 customers must apply RSA Authentication Manager 8.1 SP1 before they can upgrade to RSA AuthenticationManager 8.2. No migration is required.
End of Product Support Reminder Notice for RSA Authentication Manager 7.1
RSA Authentication Manager 7.1 will reach End of Product Support (EOPS) on June 30, 2016. Please upgrade your deployments as soon as possible. You must be on RSA Authentication Manager 7.1 SP4 and RSA SecurID Appliance 3.0 SP4 before you can migrate:
- For Hyper-V virtual appliance deployments, you can directly migrate to RSA Authentication Manager 8.1 SP1 and then upgrade to RSA Authentication Manager 8.2.
- For VMware virtual appliance deployments, you must first migrate to RSA Authentication Manager 8.1, perform a patch upgrade to RSA Authentication Manager 8.1 SP1 and then upgrade to RSA Authentication Manager 8.2.
- Certain RSA SecurID Appliance 3.0 hardware appliances can be upgraded and will not require purchasing new hardware. For instructions on how to determine if you can upgrade and migrate on a particular appliance, see the RSA Authentication Manager 7.1 to 8.1 Migration Guide: Upgrading RSA SecurID Appliance 3.0 on Existing Hardware.
For additional documentation, downloads, and more, visit the RSA SecurID Suite page on RSA Link.
RSA has a defined End of Primary Support policy associated with all major versions. Please refer to the Product Version Life Cycle for additional details.