You can create a schedule that synchronizes data between an identity source in the Cloud Authentication Service and an LDAP directory server on selected days, weeks, or months. This feature ensures that an identity source is updated automatically, on a regular basis. Each identity source can have its own schedule. You can edit, enable, or disable the schedule as needed. Enter the schedule in accordance with your local time zone.
See Identity Sources for the Cloud Authentication Service for details on synchronization.
Before you begin
You must be a Super Admin for the Cloud Administration Console.
- In the Cloud Administration Console, click Users > Identity Sources.
- Next to the name of the identity source you want to synchronize, select Synchronize from the drop-down menu.
- In the Synchronization Schedule section, under Automatic Synchronization select On. You can select Off to disable the schedule. Once a schedule is configured, you can turn it on and off as needed.
- In the Frequency field, select Daily, Weekly, or Monthly.
- Select the days, weeks, or months when you want to synchronize. For example, if you want to synchronize every Thursday, select Specific Days and Thu. If you want to synchronize once every two weeks, select Weekly and Every two weeks.
- In the Start Time field, select the time when the synchronization will start, in hours and minutes, according to your local time zone. For example, if you want to start the job at 3:30 am, select 3 hours 30 minutes am. The synchronization job runs within ten minutes of the time you configure. For example, if you schedule a job to run at 3:30 am, the job will run between 3:20 and 3:40 am.
- Click Save.
- (Optional) Click Publish Changes to activate the settings immediately.