You can create a schedule that synchronizes data between an identity source in the Cloud Authentication Service and an LDAP directory server on selected days, weeks, or months. This feature ensures that an identity source is updated automatically, on a regular basis. Each identity source can have its own schedule. You can edit, enable, or disable the schedule as needed.
You enter the entire schedule in Coordinated Universal Time (UTC), rather than in your local time. This is important to keep in mind when you select the job start time and days. UTC days might not correspond exactly to your local days. For example, Tuesday at 1:00 am UTC might be Monday at 11 pm your local time.
Before you begin
You must be a Super Admin for the Cloud Administration Console.
- In the Cloud Administration Console, click Users > Identity Sources.
- Next to the name of the identity source you want to synchronize, select Synchronize from the drop-down menu.
- In the Synchronization Schedule section, under Automatic Synchronization select On. You can select Off to disable the schedule. Once a schedule is configured, you can turn it on and off as needed.
- In the Frequency field, select Daily, Weekly, or Monthly.
- Select the days, weeks, or months when you want to synchronize. For example, if you want to synchronize every Thursday, select Specific Days and Thu. If you want to synchronize once every two weeks, select Weekly and Every two weeks.
- In the Start Time field, select the time when the synchronization will start, in hours and minutes. For example, if you want to start the job at 3:30 am UTC, select 3 hours 30 minutes. If you want to start the job at 2:30 pm UTC, select 14 hours and 30 minutes. Do not attempt to set this field according to your local time. The synchronization job runs within ten minutes of the time you configure. For example, if you schedule a job to run at 3:30 UTC, the job will run between 3:20 and 3:40.You might want to adjust the time before and after Daylight Savings Time begins and ends.
- Click Save.
- (Optional) Click Publish Changes to activate the settings immediately.