You can use the Cloud Administration Console to delete an identity source that is no longer needed. Expect the following behavior when you delete an identity source:
- After you confirm the deletion but do not publish, you can no longer edit the identity source or synchronize users. You can still use the Cloud Administration Console to find users in that identity source and the users can continue to authenticate.
- After you publish the changes, all users from the identity source are deleted from the Cloud Authentication Service and can no longer authenticate. The identity source configuration settings are deleted from the Cloud Authentication Service.
Before you begin
You must be a Super Admin for the Cloud Administration Console.
- Sign into the Cloud Administration Console.
- (Optional) Perform these steps only if you are preserving an identity source that is either a duplicate or a subset of the identity source you are deleting. You can ensure that users are synchronized into the preserved identity source, and that no users are associated with the identity source being deleted.
- Disable scheduled synchronization for the identity source you want to delete. Click Users > Identity Sources. Next to the name of the identity source, select Synchronization from the drop-down menu. On the Synchronization page, in the Synchronization Schedule section, under Automatic Synchronization, select Off.
- If just-in-time synchronization is enabled, disable it for all identity sources. Click My Account > Company Settings and select the Company Information tab. In the Just-in-Time Synchronization field, select Disabled.
- Synchronize the identity source you are keeping. Click Users > Identity Sources. Next to the name of the identity source, select Synchronization from the drop-down menu. On the Synchronization page, in the Identity Source Details section, click Synchronize Now.
- Run a user report to confirm that the identity source being preserved contains the expected user population, and the identity source being deleted contains no users. Click Users > Reports > Generate > Download CSV. You can sort by identity source in the CSV file.
- Click Users > Identity Sources.
- Find the name of the identity source you want to delete and select Delete from the drop-down menu.
Click Delete to confirm the change.
Note: After confirming, you cannot reverse this action, even if you do not immediately publish.
- If necessary, re-enable just-in-time synchronization.
- Click Publish Changes if you want to activate the settings immediately.
We want your feedback! Tell us what you think of this page.