You can manually synchronize data between the Cloud Authentication Service and the LDAP directory server. Synchronization ensures that the Cloud Authentication Service reflects any updates made to your LDAP directory server.
During synchronization, new users are added to the Cloud Authentication Service. Values in existing records for users who are within the specified scope are overwritten. Attribute values are copied to the Cloud Authentication Service. User passwords are not synchronized.
See Identity Sources for the Cloud Authentication Service for details on synchronization.
Before you begin
- At least one identity router is configured.
- The identity source settings for the Root and Object Class are configured to select users from the correct subtree(s) and published using the Cloud Administration Console.
- In the Cloud Administration Console, click Users > Identity Sources.
- Next to the name of the identity source you want to synchronize, select Synchronize from the drop-down menu.
- In the Identity Source Details section, click Synchronize Now. To stop a synchronization that is in progress, click Stop Sync. You cannot roll back user records that have already been synchronized. The Synchronization Status section displays the status of the synchronization job, including the number of users added, users updated, and users not synchronized. If some users could not be synchronized, click the Show Details button to display a list of these users. Up to 400 users can be displayed in each category. The list is refreshed when you resynchronize.
We want your feedback! Tell us what you think of this page.