You manage updates separately for each cluster in your deployment. You can update each cluster immediately, or schedule automatic updates to occur at dates and times that you specify. You can schedule all clusters to update simultaneously, or stagger the updates over a period of time.
When updated identity router software is released, RSA announces the update on RSA Link, and schedules a date and time when each cluster in your deployment will automatically install the latest update. The identity routers in your deployment automatically download and store new update packages as they become available, so download time is rarely a factor when applying an update. You must apply the updates to ensure compatibility with new RSA SecurID Access features and improvements. You can modify the update schedule using the following procedure.
Note: RSA schedules blackout periods during which you are not permitted to schedule or perform updates.
Before you begin
- Make sure you have a recent backup of user keychain data from the cluster you want to update.
- Check RSA Link Service Notifications for announcements regarding maintenance downtime for the Cloud Authentication Service. Do not schedule updates during these periods. See your Release Notes for the update rollout schedule.
- Verify that all settings in the Cloud Administration Console are configured properly, and that all pending configuration changes are published.
Note: Unexpected results can occur if Cloud Administration Console settings are not configured properly prior to the update. Updates cannot be rolled back or reverted.
- In the Cloud Administration Console, click Platform > Clusters.
- Next to the cluster you want to update, click the drop-down arrow, and select Update.
- In the Start Time section, do one of the following:
- To schedule the update to occur at a predetermined date and time, select Later, and specify a date according to the recommended update schedule on RSA Link. Specify the time according to your local time zone.
- To apply the update immediately, select Now.
Note: RSA recommends scheduling updates during off-peak hours.
- Depending on your selection, click Save, or click Update Now and confirm the immediate update in the dialog box that appears.
Depending on your selection, the identity routers in the cluster automatically install the latest software version either immediately, or at the specified date and time. For immediate updates, a notification appears when the update begins.
The Identity Routers page of the Cloud Administration Console displays DISTRESSED status for identity routers while they are updating.
Note: Do not reboot identity routers while an update is in progress.
After you finish
After the cluster update completes, if an identity router still displays an OUT-OF-DATE status, update the identity router individually from the Identity Routers page. If that update does not succeed, contact RSA Customer Support.