You can view status and monitoring information for the identity routers in your deployment using the Cloud Administration Console.
- Sign into the Cloud Administration Console.
- Click Platform > Identity Routers. The console displays the following information for each identity router in your deployment:
Current status of the identity routerThe following table describes the identity router statuses.
Status Description ACTIVE The identity router is connected to the Cloud Authentication Service and operating normally. INACTIVE The identity router is not connected to the Cloud Authentication Service. DEBUG The identity router is connected to the Cloud Authentication Service and operating with debug-level logging turned on. DISTRESSED There is a problem with the identity router. Contact RSA Customer Support for troubleshooting assistance. OUT_OF_DATE The identity router is not using the latest software version. Perform the steps in Update Identity Router Software for a Cluster to install the latest software.
- Date and time of the last status check between the Cloud Authentication Service and the identity router
- Date and time of the last authentication service check. If None displays, the identity router is DISTRESSED.
Status of RADIUS and SSO Agent services on the identity router
The following table describes the service statuses.
Status Description RUNNING The service is enabled and operating normally. STOPPED The service is enabled but is not operating normally. To troubleshoot, run a simple test to confirm that the service is stopped, view the identity router system log for errors, or restart the identity router to try to restart the service. DISABLED The service is not enabled.
- Identity router software version number
- Name of the cluster to which the identity router belongs