You can export all or some of your event sources, along with their corresponding attributes, to a CSV file.
Note the following:
- The exported CSV includes all attribute columns.
- The exported CSV includes a header line at the top, listing each column name.
- You can export all entries in a group.
- You can export all entries (select the All group).
- You can select entries and export only those entries.
Export Event Sources
Warning: When using a spreadsheet program to edit an exported event source CSV file, some data fields like numbers and dates can be re-formatted into the spreadsheet program’s native field types. This can cause issues when re-importing this information, as some data fields may be garbled or formatted incorrectly. This can be avoided by importing the CSV file into the spreadsheet program, and specifying all data fields as text values.
To export your Event Sources:
- In the Security Analytics menu, select Administration > Event Sources.
Select the Manage tab.
The Event Sources Manage tab is displayed.
- Select the group that contains the event sources to export.
- Select as many event sources as you need. Alternatively, you can export the entire group: to export the entire group, you do not need to select any individual event sources.
The Export Event Sources dialog is displayed.
- Enter a file name and click export.ddd
The event source attributes are saved to the file name you specified, in a CSV format.