Users can change the password that they use for Security Analytics authentication in the Profile View > Preferences panel. The password of the user is updated on Security Analytics Core services, unless the user is the admin user. The password of the admin user does not propagate to Core services. After changing the password, the user should log off and log on to communicate with the Core services.
Note: For Core services, this applies to untrusted connections only. When a Core service uses a trusted connection, the user does not enter a password so no update is required.
To change your Security Analytics password:
- In the Security Analytics menu, select Profile.
- In the options panel, select Preferences.
The Preferences panel is displayed with the General tab open.
- In the Authentication section, type a new password in the Password field.
- In the Confirm Password field, retype the new password.
- Click Apply.
The new password becomes effective immediately and is required the next time you log on to Security Analytics.
- To log off and log on with new credentials:
- In the Security Analytics menu, select Sign Out.
- Log on to Security Analytics again using the new credential