This topic tells you how to configure collection protocols and the event sources using those protocols.
You configure the Log Collector to collect event data from your event sources in the Event Sources tab of the Log Collection parameter view.
Configure a Collection Protocol
The following figure shows the basic workflow for configuring an event source in Security Analytics. Each event source has different parameters so you must to refer to guides for the event source you are configuring for all the instructions.
Click the Event Sources tab.
Select a collection protocol (for example, File) and select Config.
Click and select an event source category (for example, apache).
The event source category is part of the content you downloaded from LIVE.
Individual Collection Protocol Guides
The following guides provide detailed instructions on how to configure the collection protocols and their associated event sources in Security Analytics. Each guide includes an index to configuration instructions for the event sources supported for that collection protocol.
Configure individual collection protocols. Instructions are in the individual Log Collection Guides:
- AWS (CloudTrail) Collection Configuration Guide
- Check Point Collection Configuration Guide
- File Collection Protocol Configuration Guide
- Netflow Collection Configuration Guide
- ODBC Collection Configuration Guide
- SDEE Collection Configuration Guide
- SNMP Collection Configuration Guide
- VMware Collection Configuration Guide
- Windows Collection Configuration Guide
- Windows Legacy and NetApp Collection Configuration Guide
Configuration Guides for each supported event source.