This topic introduces the features of Security Analytics Services Explore view, a powerful and flexible user interface for viewing and editing host and service configurations.
The Services Explore View offers advanced access and control of all Security Analytics hosts and services. All services expose their functionality through a tree‐like series of nodes, similar to the Windows Explorer view of your file system. Here you can:
- View a directory tree showing common files for all selected services.
- Navigate down through the directory to a file.
- Open the same file for each service, and display the contents side by side.
- Select an entry in the file and edit the value.
- Apply a property value from one service to other services.
The Services Explore View can also display a Properties dialog, a simple interface for viewing properties of any node in the system and sending messages to the node, shown in the figure below.
Caution: A good understanding of the nodes and parameters is required when editing in this view. Incorrect settings can cause performance problems.
To access the Services Explore view:
- In the Security Analytics menu, select Administration > Services.
- Select a service and select > View > Explore.
This is an example of the Services Explore view.
The Services Explore View has two main panels:
- The Node list
- The Monitor panel
You can access the Properties of any file by right-clicking the file and selecting Properties.
The Node List
The Node list displays the services as a tree-like series of nodes and folders. The levels in the Node list expand and collapse to display the full hierarchy.
Each root folder is named based on the functionality it exposes. For instance, the /connections folder shows all connected IP addresses. Underneath each IP/Port are two folders, sessions and stats.
- The sessions folder displays all authenticated user sessions originating from the IP/Port.
- The stats folder displays values, such as the number of messages sent/received, bytes sent/received, and others, set by the service. These are not editable.
Selecting any folder in the tree view displays its children in the Monitor panel. Every node in the tree is actively monitored, so when a statistic or configuration node changes value, it is immediately reflected in the tree and monitor panel.
The Monitor Panel
The Monitor panel displays properties and values for a selected node (such as index) and a child folder (such as config). There are two ways to edit values:
- Clicking the value and typing a new value
- Sending a set message in the Properties dialog