To tailor Security Analytics to better serve your site and methods, you can create custom dashboards. Some reasons for creating custom dashboards are:
Create a Custom Dashboard
- Consolidate related functionality on a single dashboard.
- Create a Unified dashboard with a collection of dashlets for all modules.
- Create a dashboard to consolidate dashlets for different network locations.
- Create an overview of a given module's capabilities.
- Consolidate dashlets that apply to a specific scenario
The following table describes the features of the Create a Dashboard dialog.
|Dashboard Title||Type the title for the new dashboard. You can type letters, numbers, special characters, and spaces for the name. The permitted length of the name is 255 characters.|
|Layout||Select the layout for the new dashboard from the following options: |
|Cancel||If you decide that you do not want to create this dashboard, click Cancel.|
|Create||To create the new dashboard, click Create.|
To create a dashboard:
- In the Security Analytics dashboard, select > Create New Dashboard.
The Create a Dashboard dialog is displayed.
- Specify the name for the new dashboard.
- Select a Layout option for the new dashboard.
The dashboard is created and added to the Dashboard selection list.
Now, that you have created a dashboard, you can:
- Add and Manage Dashlets to the dashboard.
- Import and Export Dashboardsthe dashboard.
- Remove the dashboard.
- Rename the dashboard
Select a Dashboard
To switch between dashboards in a Security Analytics module:
- Click on the Dashboard Selection List.
The Dashboard Selection List is displayed.
- Select the dashboard that you want to view.
The dashboard is displayed.
Rename a Dashboard
To rename a dashboard:
- In the dashboard toolbar, select > Rename Dashboard.
The Rename Dashboard dialog is displayed.
- In the New Dashboard Title field, enter a new title for the dashboard.
- Click Rename.
The dashboard is updated with the new title.
Remove a Custom Dashboard
If you find that the Dashboard Selection List in Security Analytics includes custom dashboards that are no longer needed, you can remove the unused dashboards. The dashboard to be removed must be displayed. The default dashboard cannot be removed.
Note: If you want the dashboard to be available at some future time, see Import and Export Dashboards.
To remove a custom dashboard:
- In the Dashboard Selection List, select the unused dashboard; for example, Region 3.
The dashboard is displayed.
- In the dashboard toolbar, select .
The Remove Dashboard dialog is displayed.
- To confirm deletion of the dashboard, click Yes.
The dashboard is removed from the Dashboard Selection List.
Restore the Default Dashboard
After customizing the default Security Analytics dashboard, you can revert to the original layout of dashlets using the Restore Default Dashboard option in the Actions drop-down (). To accomplish this reversion, the dashboard of a module must be displayed.
To restore the default dashboard in a Security Analytics module: