You can add dashlets to the default dashboard or construct a custom dashboard with your own useful set of dashlets to make your workflow more efficient. Some dashlets have configuration options to tailor the appearance or the contents of the dashlet.
Add a Dashlet
To customize the views in Security Analytics, you can add dashlets to the Security Analytics dashboard or a custom dashboard. The Security Analytics dashboard, as the name suggests, offers all Security Analytics dashlets. The Add a Dashlet dialog provides a way to define the name and configurable parameters for a new dashlet.
The following table describes the features of the Add a Dashlet dialog.
|Type||Select the type of dashlet. Each dashboard has a different list of dashlet types. The Security Analytics Dashboard includes all available dashlets in the list of dashlet types. After a Type is selected, any configurable fields are displayed. Some dashlets have additional parameters.|
|Title||Type the title for the new dashlet. You can type letters, numbers, special characters, and spaces for the name.|
|Cancel||If you decide that you do not want to add this dashlet to the dashboard, click Cancel.|
|Add||To add the new dashlet, click Add.|
To add a dashlet:
- Navigate to any dashboard.
- In the dashboard toolbar, click the Add drop-down menu () and select Add Dashlet.
When first opened, the dialog has a Type selection list.
- Click on the Type selection list to display available types of dashlets, and select the type of dashlet to add; for example, Admin Service Monitor.
Additional configurable fields become available in the Add a Dashlet dialog. For an Admin Service Monitor dashlet, you define the dashlet title and the type of service to monitor.
- Type a title for the dashlet. For example, Service Monitor Dashlet could be the title.
- If there are additional configurable fields for the dashlet, set appropriate values. Select only one service type.
- When all required fields have been configured, click Add.
The dashlet is added to the dashboard.
Edit a Dashlet
A dashlet with no editable properties does not display the settings icon in the title bar.
Many dashlets have an editable title. An example of a dashlet with additional configurable properties is the Admin Service Monitor dashlet where you can edit the following properties:
- Dashlet display title.
- Type of services to monitor; for example, you can monitor only Decoders, or you can monitor Decoders and Concentrators.
Other dashlets have parameters that you define to specify the kind and amount of information you want to see in the dashlet. The custom Investigation Dashboard has three dashlets. Each of the three displays the settings icon.
To display and modify the options for a dashlet:
- In a dashlet title bar, click the settings icon .
The Options dialog is displayed.
- Change any of the displayed properties. For example, in an Investigation Top Values dashlet, you can change the Result Limit from 20 to 40.
- Click Apply.
The changes are applied.
Delete a Dashlet
To improve the readability and usefulness of the contents of a dashboard, you can remove unrelated, unnecessary, or distracting dashlets from any dashboard. All dashlets can be deleted.
To delete a dashlet in any dashboard:
- Click the delete control icon in the dashlet title bar:
The Remove Dashlet dialog asks for confirmation that you want to delete the dashlet.
- If you want to delete it, click Yes. If you decide not to delete it, click No.
The dashlet is removed from the dashboard.
Move a Dashlet
Dashlets can be arranged according to your preference by dragging and dropping them into a different order on the dashboard.
To move a dashlet:
- Click and hold in the header of the dashlet that you want to move.
The directional cursor appears over the dashlet.
- Continue to hold the left mouse button and drag the window toward the new location.
The image below shows the New Live Resources dashlet as it is moved from the bottom position of column 1 to the top position of column 3.
- Release the mouse button when the dashlet is in the desired location.
The dashlet that currently occupies that position moves down.
Maximize a Dashlet
This topic explains how to open a dashlet on the entire area of the main Security Analytics dashboard with the same dashlet title. For example, the Scan Jobs dashlet from the below figure may be viewed on the entire area of the Security Analytics dashboard.