Security Analytics provides system notifications to advise users about certain actions or conditions.
- A host upgrade completed.
- A parser push to decoders completed.
- A service went down (critical log of a certain type).
- A visualization completed.
- A report completed.
- A newer software version is available.
While you are working in Security Analytics, you can view recent system notifications without leaving the module in which you are working. You can open a quick view of notifications from the Security Analytics toolbar. You can look anytime, but when a new notification is received, the Notifications icon is flagged.
When you are viewing notifications in the Notifications tray, only recent notifications are displayed. You can view all notifications in a grid format in the Profile view or in the System view. Procedures for viewing notifications are provided in the View and Delete Notifications topic in the System Maintenance Guide.
To access the Notifications panel, do one of the following:
- In the Security Analytics menu, select Profile, then in the options panel of the Profile view, select Notifications.
- In the Security Analytics menu, select Administration > System, then in the options panel of the System view, select Notifications.
- In the Security Analytics toolbar click , then click View All in the Notifications tray.
The Notifications panel and tray has a toolbar and a grid. The Notification tray is a subset of the information in the Notifications panel. The following table describes the Notifications panel features.