An efficient way to add a new service role is to duplicate a similar role, save it with a new name and revise the permissions that are already assigned. For example, you could duplicate the Analysts role. Then, save it as JuniorAnalysts and modify the permissions.
The quick way to add an existing role to other services is to replicate the role. For example, you could replicate the JuniorAnalysts role that exists on a broker to a concentrator and log decoder.
Each of the following procedures starts in the Services Security view.
To navigate to the Services Security view:
- In the Security Analytics menu, select Administration > Services.
- Select a service, then > View > Security.
The Security view for the selected service is displayed with the Users tab open.
- Select the Roles tab.
Duplicate a Service Role
- In the Roles tab, select the role you want to duplicate.
- Click Duplicate Role.
- Type a new name and click Save.
- Select the new role.
- In the Role Permissions section, select or deselect permissions to modify what the new role can do.
The duplicated role is added to the service immediately.
Replicate a Role
- In the Roles tab, select the role you want to replicate and click Replicate.
- In the Replicate Role to Other Services dialog, select each service on which to add the role.
- Click Replicate.
The replicated role is added to each selected service immediately.