The Administration Services view provides options for creating and managing groups of services. The Services panel toolbar includes options for creating, editing, and deleting service groups. Once groups are created, you can drag individual services from the Services panel into a group.
Groups may reflect functional, geographical, project-oriented, or any other organization principle that is useful. A service may belong to more than one group. Here are some examples of possible groupings.
- Group different service types to make it easier to configure and monitor all Brokers, Decoders, or Concentrators.
- Group services that are part of the same data flow; for example, a Broker, and all associated Concentrators and Decoders.
- Group services according to their geographic region and location within the region. If a major power outage occurs in a location, potentially affected services are easily identifiable.
Create a Group
- In the Security Analytics menu, select Administration > Services.
The Administration Services view is displayed.
- In the Groups panel toolbar, click .
A field for the new group opens with a blinking cursor.
- Type the name of the new group in the field (for example, A New Group) and press Enter.
The group is created as a folder in the tree. The number next to the group indicates the number of services in that group.
Change the Name of a Group
- In the Services view Groups panel, double-click the group name or select the group and click.
The name field opens with a blinking cursor.
- Type the new name of the group and press Enter.
The name field closes and the new group name is displayed in the tree.
Add a Service to a Group
View the Services in a Group
Remove a Service from a Group
- In the Services view Groups panel, select the group that contains the service that you want to remove. The services in that group appear in the Services panel.
- In the Services panel, select one or more services that you want to remove from the group, and in the toolbar, select > Remove from Group.
The selected services are removed from the group, but are not removed from the Security Analytics user interface. The number of services in the group, which is listed near the group name, decreases by the number of services removed from the group. The All group contains the services that were removed from the group.
In the following example, the service group called A New Group does not contain any services, since the service in that group was removed.