This topic provides instructions for working in the Explore view for a service. In it, you view and edit host and service configurations.
You have advanced access and control of service functionality in the Services Explore view, which consists of two parts. The Node list displays service functionality in a tree structure of folders. The Monitor panel displays properties of the folder or file selected in the Nodes list.
Each of the following procedures starts in the Explore view.
To navigate to the Explore view:
- In the Security Analytics menu, select Administration > Services.
- Select a service, then > View > Explore.
The Explore view is displayed. The Node list is on the left and the Monitor panel is on the right.
Display or Edit a Service Property
To display a service property:
- Right-click a file in the Node list or Monitor panel.
- Click Properties.
To edit the value of a service property:
- In the Monitor panel, select an editable property value.
- Type a new value.
Send a Message to a Node
- In the Properties Dialog select a message type. Options vary according to the file selected in the Node list.
A description of the selected message type is displayed in the the Message Help field.
- (Optional) If the message requires them, type the Parameters.
- Click Send.
The value or format is displayed in the Response Output field.