This topic explains how to add a service to a host. Each service is modeled as a plugin to enable or disable according to the function of the host.
Equipment, which can be physical or virtual, must be installed: Security Analytics server, Broker, Concentrator, Decoder, Log Decoder, Archiver, Warehouse, Malware Analysis server, or Event Stream Analysis server.
Perform the following steps to add a Service to a Host:
- In the Security Analytics menu, select Administration > Services.
The Administration Services view is displayed.
- In the Administration Services view, select in the Services panel toolbar.
The Add Service dialog is displayed.
- From the drop-down list, select the host the server will run on.
- Type the name of the service.
Note: An understandable naming convention can make administrative tasks easier. Some administrators find it convenient to use the hostname or IP address (specified in the Host field) for the Name as well.
- (Optional) In the Connection Details section:
- Port - If you want to use a port other than the default, type the number in the Port field. See the Step 3: Review SSL Ports for Trusted Connections.
- SSL - If you use a trusted connection, select SSL.
- Username and Password - Type the credentials assigned to the user on Security Analytics Server.
- (Optional) In the Options section, to activate and apply a license select Entitle Service. This option appears only for services that require a license.
- Click Save. The service is added and the dialog closes.