This topic describes the features of the System Service Logging > Historical tab and the Services Logs view > Historical tab.
The Historical tab provides a searchable view of the Security Analytics log or the service log in a paged format. When initially loaded, the grid shows the last page of the log entries for the system or the system.
To access the Historical tab:
- In the Security Analytics menu, select Administration > System.
- In the options panel, select System Logging.
TheSystem Logging panel opens to the Realtime tab by default.
- Click the Historical tab
For information about accessing service logs, see Services Logs View.
The following is an example of the Historical tab in the System Logging panel. It shows the Security Analytics logs.
The following is an example of the Historical tab in the Services Logs view. It shows the services logs.
The Historical tab has a toolbar with input fields to allow filtering of the entries, a grid containing the log entries, and paging tools.
|Timestamp||This is the timestamp for the entry.|
|Level||This is the log level for the message.|
|Message||This is the text of the log entry.|
The paging tools below the grid provide a way to navigate through the pages of log entries.
Search Log Entries
To search the results shown in the Historical tab:
- (Optional) Select a Start Date and End Date. Optionally, select a Start Time and End Time.
- (Optional) For system and service logs, select a Log Level and a Keyword, or both.
- (Optional) For service logs, select the Service: host or service.
- Click Search.
The view is refreshed with the most recent 10 entries matching your filter. As new matching log entries become available, the view is updated to show those entries.
Show Details of a Log Entry
Each row of the Historical tab Log grid provides the summary information of a log entry. To view complete details:
- Double-click a log entry.
The Log Message dialog, which contains the Timestamp, Logger Name, Thread, Level and Message, is displayed.
- When finished viewing, click Close
Page Through the Entries
To view the different pages of the grid, use the paging controls on the bottom of the grid as follows:
- Use the navigation buttons
- Manually enter the page you want to view, and press ENTER
To export the logs in the current view:
- Click Export, and select one of the drop-down options, CSV Format or Tab Delimited.
The file is downloaded with a filename that identifies the log type and the field delimiter. For example, a Security Analytics system log exported with comma-separated values is named UAP_log_export_CSV.txt, and an appliance log exported with tab-separated values is named APPLIANCE_log_export_TAB.txt.