This topic provides instructions for configuring notification settings for the Local License Server (LLS). If you wish to receive alerts about the approaching license expiration date you can configure Security Analytics to send notifications. You can receive notification by email, syslog and SNMP. The notification can also be viewed during system log on and also in the Notification Tray. You can also specify the number of days before expiration as a threshold for notification.
Configure Security Analytics Notifications
To configure the Security Analytics notification:
- Log on to Security Analytics.
- In the Security Analytics menu, select Administration > System.
- Select Licensing in the options panel.
Select the Settings tab.
Select each of the methods for Security Analytics to use when sending a notification about the license nearing its expiration date. You can select none or all.
- To receive a notification at log on, select Login and specify the number of days before the license expires that you want to receive notification in the Login Threshold field.
- To receive a notification in the Notifications tray, select SA Console and specify the number of days before the license expires that you want to receive notification in the Threshold field.
- To receive an Email notification to a configured distribution list, select Email and select Configure email or distribution list. The Email panel is displayed in a separate tab, and you can Configure Security Analytics Notifications in the Email Server Settings section. Refer to the System Configuration Guide for further details.
- To receive syslog notifications, select Syslog and select Configure Syslog and SNMP Trap servers. The System Auditing panel opens in another tab and you can configure the system auditing settings as usual.
- To receive notifications via SNMP Trap, select SNMP Trap and select Configure Syslog and SNMP Trap servers. The System Auditing panel opens in another tab and you can configure the SNMP auditing settings as usual.
- Click Apply Notifications.
The settings are saved and go into effect immediately.