This topic provides all of the steps required for installing entitlements in Security Analytics. The Administrator setting up licensing needs to perform each step in the proper sequence. After initial setup, refer to Additional Procedures for any maintenance or troubleshooting information.
Before implementing the Security Analytics entitlements capability, ensure that the following prerequisites have been met.
Note: Some or all appliances connected to the Security Analytics server must be running Security Analytics Version 10. The Security Analytics server can also access systems running NextGen Version 9.8. When an appliance is upgraded to Security Analytics Version 10, the current license applied within v9.x becomes invalid, and the appliance must be entitled as described in this procedure.
- An order for entitlements in place with RSA, and a pool of entitlements available for the customer in the RSA Download Central site -
- A web browser that supports HTML 5 and Java.
- HTTPS access for the Security Analytics web Interface.
- An instance of the Security Analytics server running the most recent version of Security Analytics 10x for service-based and 10.6 for metered licensing.
- The Security Analytics server and all appliances managed by the server must be on the same DLC Account ID or account in the order management system. Licenses on the Security Analytics server can be added only to appliances on the same DLC Account ID or account.
- Administrative access to the Security Analytics server and to other appliances running Security Analytics v10x.
- Ability of all appliances to communicate with the Security Analytics server so that appliance licenses remain activated.
If online registration between Security Analytics and RSA Download Central is planned:
- Internet access via HTTP from Security Analytics server to Download Central.
- Security Analytics server DNS resolution of at least the Download Central site.