This topic describes the steps to reset the password for nwipdbadptr postgreSQL user. (Component of the IPDB Extractor service).
The IPDB Adaptor is a component of the IPDB Extractor service. nwipdbadptr is the postgreSQL database user that the IPDB Adaptor needs to get event meta data for the Reporting module.
There are two tasks that you must complete to configure the IPDB Adaptor:
- Reset the default password for the nwipdbadptr user.
- Add the IPDB Adaptor to the Reporting Engine.
To reset a password for the nwipdbadptr user:
- Log on to the Reporting Engine Appliance with super user credentials.
- Execute the following commands.
su – postgres
psql -d nwtmpdb
ALTER ROLE nwipdbadptr WITH PASSWORD 'password';
service postgresql restart
- Replace the password under IPDB Database Configuration on the General Tab of the Reporting Engine with the password that you reset in step 2.
Note: You use this password when you add a data source to a Reporting Engine.