When a user logs in, Security Analytics first attempts to authenticate locally. If no local user is found, and External Authentication configuration using Active Directory or PAM is enabled, an attempt is made to authenticate externally. You can test the currently enabled external authentication method in the Administration Security view > Settings tab.
To test external authentication:
- In the Security Analytics menu, select Administration > Security.
The Security view is displayed with the Users tab open.
- Click the Settings tab.
- Under External Authentication, select Active Directory or PAM.
- Under External Authentication options, click Test.
The External Authentication Test dialog is displayed.
- Type a user name and password that you want to test for authentication using the current Active Directory or PAM configuration.
- Click Test.
The external authentication method is tested to ensure connectivity.
- If the test does not succeed, review and edit the configuration (see Configure Active Directory or Configure PAM Login Capability.)