This topic provides instructions on how to investigate a chart. You can investigate a chart by navigating directly to the Investigation module from the chart. You can use Investigate a Chart feature to investigate an event at a specific point of time or for the entire time range for which the chart is generated.
The View Chart view provides a calendar to select the date to retrieve the list of charts executed. Based on the date selected in the calendar, a list of charts executed on the selected date is populated. You can double-click the chart name to view the chart details.
Using the Chart Options you can change the time frame or format of the chart such as Step Area, Line, Bar etc for a different date range.
Make sure you currently have an active data source.
Perform the following steps to investigate a chart:
- In the Security Analytics menu, click Administration > Reports.
The Manage tab is displayed.
- Click Charts.
The Chart view is displayed.
- In the Chart toolbar, click View All Charts.
All the executed charts for the selected date from the Chart Options panel are displayed on a new tab.
- Click the chart name to view the chart details.
- Do one of the following:
- Click a data point on the chart to investigate for that data point.
- In the toolbar, click Investigate to investigate for the entire time range.