This topic provides instructions on how to view a chart.
Make sure you have understood the components of the View a Chart panel. For more information, see View a Chart Panel.
Perform the following steps to view a chart:
- In the Security Analytics menu, click Administration > Reports.
The Manage tab is displayed.
- Click Charts.
The Chart view is displayed.
- In the Chart List panel, do one of the following:
- In Chart Options, do the following:
- Select the Time Range.
Note: When you select the Time Range option, you can select a pre-set time range such as last hour, last 3 hours and so on or you can customize the selection by choosing Last N Days or Custom. If you select Last N Days option, you can view the historical data for a maximum of 15 days. Whereas, if you select the Custom option, you can select a start date and end date to view the data for the selected date range.
- Select the Series, either Chart Values over Time or Chart with Totals.
When you select Chart Values over Time, the chart displays the change in values for the selected time. When you select Chart with Totals, the chart displays a total for each aggregate value for the selected time.
- Select Items to Plot. The number of events you want to view on the chart.
- From the Chart Type drop-down list, select the chart type.
- Click Reload to reload the selected chart.
If there is a delay in retrieving the historical data for the selected time range, a message is displayed.
After the chart is generated, a notification is displayed in the notification tray available in the Security Analytics toolbar. For more information on the Security Analytics toolbar, see Browser Window topic in the Security Analytics Getting Started Guide.