|Applies To||RSA Product Set: Security Analytics|
RSA Product/Service Type: SA Virtual Log Collector
RSA Version/Condition: 10.4 and above
|Issue||Not able to view local collector under config view of VLC|
Not able to view stats option under event-broker in explore view of Virtual Log collector.
|Cause||Logs are not being collected and processed by Virtual Log Collector to Log Decoder.|
The "puppet agent -t" command is not executing successfully and is logging the following errors because of rabbitmq permission and dependency issues.
|Resolution||Follow these steps to resolve this issue:-|
1) Open an SSH session to Virtual Log Collector (VLC).
2) Stop the rabbitmq-server using below command
#service rabbitmq-server stop
Note: Stopping the service may take a very long time so it may be necessary to kill the process using the following command:
#ps -ef | grep beam
3) Change the permission on the subfolders and files to rabbitmq:rabbitmq from rabbitmq:root
#chown -R rabbitmq:rabbitmq /var/netwitness/logcollector/rabbitmq/
4) Start the rabbitmq-server using below command
#service rabbitmq-server start
5) Verify the changes to confirm whether it successfully executed:
#puppet agent -t