This topic provides information about configuring data source permissions using the Sources tab of the Services Config view for the Reporting Engine
You can manage access control to the data sources by setting the data source permissions. Now, with the ability to add more than one data source for the same Core service, you can configure different permissions to each data source of the same Core service. For example, data privacy officers (DPO) can create a Warehouse source using their credentials, and that will allow them to execute reports against the Warehouse while restricting everyone else from being able to use that source.
Note: When you upgrade from 10.4 to 10.5, the permissions for NWDB and Warehouse data sources are automatically set based on the permissions of the reporting objects. For example, if the role had the permissions set as Read Only/Read & Write for any reporting object in 10.4, then that role is automatically assigned read only permission for all the data sources that existed in 10.4. If no permission is set for the role, then the data source permission is automatically set to No Access. Permissions are not applicable for IPDB data sources.
Perform the following steps to configure permissions to data sources:
- In the Security Analytics menu, select Dashboard > Administration >Services.
- In the Services panel, select a Reporting Engine service.
- Click > View > Config.
The Services Config
Vview of Reporting Engine is displayed.
- Select the Sources tab.
The Service Config View is displayed with the Reporting Engine Sources tab open.
- Select the data source for which you want to configure permissions by selecting the checkbox.
- Click .
The Data Source Permissions dialog is displayed.
- Modify the access permission for different users based on the type of service account of the data source. The permission can be either Read Only or No Access.
- Click Save.
The required permissions are configured for the data source.
After creating the data sources and configuring the user permissions to these data sources, you can now use these data sources to perform the following tasks for Reporting module:
- Define a Rule. For more information, see Define a Rule.
- Test a Rule. For more information, see Test a Rule.
- Schedule Reports. For more information, see Schedule Reports.
- Add an Alert. For more information, see Add an Alert.
- Add a Chart. For more information, see Add a Chart.
- Test a Chart. For more information, see Test a Chart.