Ensure that the Reporting Engine service is deployed on Security Analytics.
Perform the following steps to add a Reporting Engine:
- In the Security Analytics menu, select Dashboard > Administration > Services.
- Click > Reporting Engine.
- In the Add Service dialog, do the following:
- Enter the host for the Reporting Engine.
- Enter the name for the Reporting Engine.
The following illustration is an example to add a Reporting Engine service to a Broker host (for example, 10.31.205.50). When you add a Reporting Engine service, Security Analytics defaults to the correct REST Port (51113).
Note: Make sure you use the host 127.0.0.1 or a localhost to connect to the Reporting Engine. If you are using a different IP address, remove the entry from the Administration module, stop and restart the Jetty server, and add the entry again to the Administration module using the host 127.0.0.1.
- If you want to use a different port other than the default port, type the port number.
- Click Test Connection to check the connection.
Perform the following tasks:
- You must specify the general parameters, data sources, and output actions.