The administrator when creating users and roles, must ensure that the roles created for specific tasks have access to all the permissions higher in the hierarchy of roles.
At the rule group level, you can set the following access permissions for the user roles in Security Analytics:
- Read & Write – View or edit the rules in the rule group.
- Read Only – View the rules in the rule group.
- No Access – Cannot view or edit the rule in the rule groups.
Make sure that:
- You have understood the components of the Rule view. For more information, see Rule View.
- You have a minimal 'Read & Write' access permission to set access permissions for a rule group.
Perform the following steps to set access control for a rule group:
- In the Security Analytics menu, click Dashboard > Reports.
The Manage tab is displayed.
- In the Rule Groups panel, select the rule group and do one of the following:
- (Optional) Select the appropriate checkbox to apply these permissions to subgroups and child objects of this group.
- Click Save.
A confirmation message that permission is successfully set for the selected rule group is displayed.