The administrator when creating users and roles, must ensure that the roles created for specific tasks have access to all the permissions higher in the hierarchy of roles.
At the rule level, you can set the following access permissions for the user roles in Security Analytics:
- Read & Write – View or edit the rules in the rule group.
- Read Only – View the rules in the rule group.
- No Access – Cannot view or edit the rules in the rule group.
Make sure that:
- You have understood the components of the Rule view. For more information, see Rule View.
- You have a minimal 'Read & Write' access permission to set access permissions for a rule.
Perform the following steps to set access control for a rule:
- In the Security Analytics menu, click Dashboard > Reports.
The Manage tab is displayed.
- In the Rules list panel, select the rule and click > Permissions in the Rule toolbar.
The Rules Permissions dialog is displayed, as shown below:
- Select the following appropriate access permission for the user role and click Save.
- Read & Write
- Read Only
- No Access