This topic provides instructions on how to edit an alert.
Make sure that:
- You have understood the components of the Alert view. For more information, see Alert View.
- You have understood the components of the Create or Modify Alert view. For more information, see Create or Modify Alert View.
Perform the following steps to edit an alert:
- In the Security Analytics menu, click Dashboard > Reports.
The Manage tab is displayed.
- Click Alerts.
The Alert view is displayed.
- In the Alert List panel, select an alert and click .
The Create/Modify Alert tab is displayed, as shown below.
- In the Rule Basis field, navigate the rule tree and select another rule.
The Rule name is displayed in the Rule Basis field.
- (Optional) Select a data source from the Data Sources drop-down list.
Note: If the data source is not listed, then ensure you have Read permissions set for the data source. This is applicable for NWDB and Warehouse data source. For more information, see Configure Data Source Permissions.
- (Optional) Modify the alert description in the Description field.
- Modify the appropriate Notification tabs – RECORD, SMTP, SNMP, and Syslog.
- Click Create.
A confirmation message that the alert is edited successfully is displayed.