This topic provides instructions on how to set access control for an alert.
Make sure that:
- You have understood the components of the Alert view. For more information, see Alert View.
- You have understood the access permissions the user will have depending on the user role. For more information, seeManage Access for an Alert
- You have a minimal 'Read & Write' access permission to set access permissions for an alert.
Perform the following steps to set access permissions for an alert:
- In the Security Analytics menu, click Dashboard > Reports.
The Manage tab is displayed.
- Click Alerts.
The Alert view is displayed.
- In the Alert List panel, select an alert and click > Permissions.
The Alert Permissions dialog box is displayed, as shown below:
- Based on the user role, select the appropriate buttons.
- (Optional) Select the checkbox if you want to automatically provide read access permission to dependent rules.
Note: On selecting the check box, all dependent rules with No access permission will be given READ access permission.
- Click Save.
A confirmation message that the permission is successfully set for the selected alert is displayed.