Using Investigate a Chart you can investigate for an event at a specific point of time or for the entire time range for which chart is generated.
The View Chart view provides a calendar to select the date to retrieve the list of charts executed. Based on the date selected in the calendar, a list of charts executed on the selected date is populated. You can double-click the chart name to view the chart details.
Using the Chart Type in the View Chart page, you can render the same chart in different format, like Step Area, Line, Bar etc for a different date range.
Make sure you currently have an active data source.
Perform the following steps to investigate a chart:
- In the Security Analytics menu, click Dashboard > Reports.
The Manage tab is displayed.
- Click Charts.
The Chart view is displayed.
- In the Chart toolbar, click View All Charts.
All the executed charts for the selected date are displayed on a new tab.
- Click the chart name to view the chart details.
The chart details are displayed, as shown below.
- Do one of the following:
- Click a data point on the chart to investigate for that data point.
- Click on the button to investigate for the entire time range.