While you are working in Security Analytics, you can open a quick view of your jobs from the Security Analytics toolbar. You can look anytime, but when a job status has changed, the Jobs icon () is flagged with the number of running jobs. Once all jobs are completed, that number disappears.
You can also see the jobs in these two views.
- In the Profile view, you see the same jobs in a full panel. These are only your jobs. For more information, see Profile View Jobs Panel topic in User Job, Notification, and Preferences Management.
- In the System view, users with administrative privileges can view and manage all jobs for all users in a single jobs panel. For more information, see Administration System View topic in Host and Services Getting Started Guide.
The structure of the jobs panel is the same in all views.
Display the Jobs Tray
- In the Security Analytics toolbar, click the Jobs icon: .
The Jobs Tray is displayed.
The Jobs Tray lists all jobs that you own, recurring and non-recurring, using a subset of the columns available in the Jobs panel. Otherwise the Jobs Tray and the Profile view > Jobs panel are the same. In the Administration System view, the Jobs panel lists information about all Security Analytics jobs for all users.
View Your Jobs in the Profile View > Jobs Panel
To see a larger view of your jobs, click View Your Jobs.
The Profile view > Jobs panel is displayed.
Pause and Resume Scheduled Execution of a Recurring Job
The Pause and Resume options apply only to recurring jobs. You can pause a recurring job that is running; however, it has no effect on that execution. The next execution (assuming the job is still paused) is skipped.
- To stop the next execution of a recurring job, in any Jobs panel, select the job, and click Pause.
The next execution of the job is skipped, and the schedule is paused until you click Resume.
- To restart execution of paused recurring jobs, select the job and click Resume.
The next execution of the job occurs as scheduled, and the schedule for the job resumes.
Cancel a Job
To cancel jobs that are executing or in the queue to execute:
- In the Jobs Tray or either Jobs panel, select one or more jobs.
- Click Cancel.
A confirmation dialog is displayed.
- Click Yes.
The jobs are canceled, and the entries remain in the grid with a status of canceled.
If you cancel a recurring job, it cancels that execution of the job. The next time the job is scheduled to run, it executes normally.
Delete a Job
Caution: When you delete a job, the job is instantly deleted from the grid. No confirmation dialog is offered. If you delete a recurring job, all future executions are removed as well.
Users can delete their own jobs before, during, or after execution. Users with the ADMIN role can delete any job. To delete jobs:
- Select one or more jobs.
- Click Delete.
- The jobs are deleted from the grid.
Download a Job
When a job has the Download link in the Download column, you can download the result of the job. If you are working in the Investigation Module and extract the packet data for a session as a PCAP file or extract the payload files (for example, Word documents and images) from a session, a file is created. Clicking Download downloads the resulting file to your local system.