This topic tells administrators how to back up and restore the configuration and database files for ESA.
To back up Configuration files:
- Stop the ESA service using the following command:
service rsa-esa stop
- Create a single tar.gz of all the subdirectories except the sub-directories logs, db, bin, and lib under /opt/rsa/esa.
tar -C / --exclude=/opt/rsa/esa/logs --exclude=/opt/rsa/esa/db --exclude=/opt/rsa/esa/bin --exclude=/opt/rsa/esa/lib --atime-preserve --recursion -cvphjf esa.tar.gz /opt/rsa/esa
To restore the Configuration files:
- Login to the host you intend to restore from a saved backup using ssh
- Change to the / directory.
- Copy the necessary tar file using a utility like SCP to the appliance in the / folder.
- Extract the tar file by using the following command
tar -xvpjf esa.tar.gz
- Delete the tar file.
Note: The wrapper.conf file under /opt/rsa/esa/conf contains the JAVA class path listing. The contents of this file are relevant for a given ESA RPM. If the backup and restore is across versions the old file must be discarded, else it must be preserved.