This topic describes the features and functions available in the Administration System view > Updates panel.
The Updates panel in the Administration System view is the user interface for managing Red Hat Package Manager (RPM) files used to update hosts. RSA Security Analytics has access to the RSA update server, where the RPM files for updating are placed. The RSA update server is based on Yellowdog Updater, Modified (YUM). These updates are not Security Analytics server updates.
The required permission to access this view is Apply System Updates.
To access this view:
- In the Security Analytics menu, select Administration > System.
- In the options panel, select Updates.
The Updates panel has three tabs:
|Updates Repository||View RPMs currently available in the Security Analytics repository and manually synchronize with the RSA update server.|
|Settings||Ensure that Security Analytics can reach the RSA update server and synchronize the local YUM repository with the RSA update server.|
|Manual Updates||Upload, apply, and delete manual RPM files.|
- This topic introduces the user interface into the RSA Security Analytics YUM updates repository.
- This topic introduces the settings to configure the Security Analytics YUM updates repository.
- This topic introduces the process for uploading host updates to Security Analytics manually in the System > Updates view.