This method gives administrators the option to upload rpm packages directly to Security Analytics when they cannot access the internet from Security Analytics (for example, SMCUPDATE).
ContextThe Updates Repository needs to be populated in order to apply available software updates to Security Analytics services. One way to do this is by using SCOL.
- Download the upgrade package from Download Central to a local directory.
- In the Security Analytics menu, select Administration > System.
In the options panel, select Updates.
- In the Manual Updates tab, click Upload Files.
- Click and browse to the local directory where you put the upgrade zip file and select the file.
The upload status is displayed in the lower left corner. When the upload is complete, the Security Analytics server unzips all the rpm packages and displays them in the Manual Updates tab.
Note: If the zip file is very large, you may have problems uploading it into Security Analytics. If this occurs, please unzip the file and upload the files in smaller groups.
- Select all files in the Manual Updates list and click Apply.