This topic provides instructions to generate a virtual IP address for the primary RSA Analytics Warehouse (Warehouse) appliance.
Make sure that you note the MAC addresses of all the Warehouse appliances in the cluster. Use the following command on the appliance to view the MAC address of appliance:
ifconfig <interface> | grep HWaddr
where <interface> is the network interface.
To generate a virtual IP address for the primary Warehouse appliance:
- Log on to the primary appliance as root user.
- Create the virtual IP address. Enter the following command:
maprcli virtualip add -virtualip <VIP_address> -netmask <netmask> -macs <mac_node1> <mac_node2> <mac_node3> ……< mac_node n>
- <VIP_address> is the virtual IP address for the primary Warehouse appliance.
- <netmask> is the netmask address of the primary Warehouse appliance.
- <mac_node1> is the MAC address of the first node in the Warehouse cluster.
- <mac_node2> is the MAC address of the second node in the Warehouse cluster.
maprcli virtualip add -virtualip 192.168.100.10 -netmask <netmask> -macs 01:Z1:1X:00:20:Y1 32:Y2:4Z:40:10:X3
- Verify the virtual IP address. Enter the following command:
maprcli virtualip list
To add or remove virtual IP addresses, you can use the command line or the MapR Control System. Edit and Remove Virtual IP Addresses (Command Line) and Add and Remove a Virtual IP Address (MapR UI) provide additional information.