This procedure is optional and used when you want to change the virtual IP addresses in the Warehouse cluster.
Make sure that you note the MAC addresses of all the Warehouse appliances in the cluster. Use the following command on the appliance to view the MAC address of the appliance:
ifconfig <interface> | grep HWaddr
where <interface> is the network interface.
Also note the MAC addresses of the Warehouse appliances that you want to add.
Adding and removing Warehouse appliances to and from a virtual IP group is accomplished by executing an edit command. This is the same as the add command, except that ALL of the MAC addresses are replaced with ONLY the MAC addresses that you enter.
To add or remove a virtual IP address in the primary Warehouse appliance:
- Log on to the primary appliance as root user.
- Edit the virtual IP address. Enter the following command:
maprcli virtualip edit -virtualip <VIP_address> -netmask <netmask> -macs <mac_node1> <mac_node2> <mac_node3> ……< mac_node n>
- <VIP_address> is the virtual IP address for the primary Warehouse appliance.
- <netmask> is the netmask address of the primary Warehouse appliance.
- <mac_node1> is the MAC address of the first node in the Warehouse cluster.
- <mac_node2> is the MAC address of the second node in the Warehouse cluster.
maprcli virtualip edit -virtualip 192.168.100.10 -netmask <netmask> -macs 01:Z1:1X:00:20:Y1 32:Y2:4Z:40:10:X3 20:Y2:4Z:20:10:X3
- Verify the virtual IP addresses. Enter the following command:
maprcli virtualip list
To remove the virtual IP address of the primary Warehouse appliance group entirely:
Enter the following command:
maprcli virtualip remove -virtualip 192.168.100.10