Note: Proxy support is only for HTTP and HTTPS proxies and not SOCKS5.
You can configure a proxy that is used across Security Analytics modules and services in the System View > Advance Configuration panel. The Proxy Settings in the Advanced Configuration panel set up a proxy to be used wherever a proxy is needed in Security Analytics. These settings override any proxy settings configured for an individual service or module, such as Malware Analysis or Live.
Configure a Proxy
To configure a proxy for use across Security Analytics modules:
- In the Security Analytics menu, select Administration > System.
- In the options panel, select HTTP Proxy Settings.
- Click the Enable checkbox.
The fields where you configure the proxy settings are activated.
- Type the hostname for the proxy server and the port used for communications on the proxy server.
- (Optional) Type the username and password that serve as credentials to access the proxy server if authentication is required.
- (Optional) Enable Use NTLM Authentication and type the NTLM domain name.
- (Optional) Enable Use SSL if communications use Secure Socket Layer.
- To save and apply the configuration, click Apply.
The proxy is immediately available for use throughout Security Analytics modules and services, for example, Live and Malware Analysis.