To define a Warehouse Analytics Job, you must first import the Warehouse Analytics model from the Live server and then schedule the job.
Make sure that you have understood the following:
- Deploying Warehouse Analytics Models from Live. For more information, see Deploy a Warehouse Analytics Model.
Note: It is recommended that you always deploy Warehouse Analytics models from Live.
- The components of the Warehouse Analytics view. For more information, see Warehouse Analytics View.
- The components of the Job Definition view. For more information, see Job Definition View.
Perform the following steps to add and schedule a job:
- In the Security Analytics menu, click Reports.
The Manage tab is displayed.
- Click Warehouse Analytics.
The Warehouse Analytics view is displayed, as shown below:
- In the Warehouse Analytics toolbar, click .
The Job definition tab is displayed.
- To execute the jobs as per the schedule, select Enable checkbox.
- In the Name field, enter a name for the job configuration.
- From the Model field, click Browse to select a jar file to be imported.
Security Analytics provides a file system view.
- Locate the jar file and click Open.
The file is added to the job definition view.
- From the Warehouse field, select the data source created in the Reporting Engine configuration page. (For example, Pivotal or MapR).
- Do one of the following:
- For specific number of days, select the date range to run the query based on Past
- For a specific time frame, specify the From and To date from the calendar
Note: When you upgrade from 10.5, the jobs for Suspicious Domains, Suspicious DNS Activity and Host Profile models are deprecated and disabled. They appear under the Manage > Warehouse Analytics tab as "DEPRECATED" jobs and can be used as a reference to create new jobs.
- In the Advanced Options field, do the following:
- In the Model Params field, enter the DS model or job parameters from the List Selection window. For more information on using a whitelist, see Use a Whitelist in a Warehouse Analytics Job
- In the HDFS Params field, enter the HDFS configuration parameters.
- In the MapReduce Params field, enter the Hadoop or MapR configuration parameters.
- In the SandBox JVM Params field, enter the JVM or "-D" system parameters for JVM executing DS model.
Note: On uploading the job, several important parameters are automatically populated. If the parameters are not specified, the job runs with the default values.
- Click Save.
The scheduled job executes as scheduled and provides the configured outputs.
You can view the scheduled job on the Warehouse Analytics view.