Adding the Workbench service as a data source to Broker is useful when you have more than one collection and you want a report on the archived data. To do this, you can add more than one collection as a downstream service to a Broker and then generate a report on it.
Ensure that you have:
- Installed the Workbench service on the Archiver host.
- Added a collection on the Workbench service.
To add a Workbench service as a data source on the Broker:
- In the Security Analytics menu, select Administration > Services.
- In the Services panel, select a Broker service.
- In the Actions column, select > View > Config.
The Config view is displayed with the General tab open.
- In the Aggregate Services section, click .
The Available Services dialog is displayed.
- Select the Workbench service and click OK.
- If the Workbench service is using a Trust Model, a Service Information dialog for the selected service is displayed.
- Type the username and password for admin credentials for the service.
- Click OK.
The Add Collection dialog is displayed.
- Select a collection from the drop-down list and click OK.
The Workbench service is now added as a data source to the Broker.
Note: This procedure has to be performed for each collection.