|Applies To||RSA Product Set: Archer|
RSA Product/Service Type: Archer
RSA Version/Condition: 5.x
|Issue||When attempting to to install packages in RSA Archer the status of the package installation is stuck in queued state for an extended period of time.|
- Job Engine Service may not be running or stopped.
- Under-allocating threads can caused job queue lengths to increase, which in turn may result in a backlog of jobs.
- Discontinue Job Processing may be checked in Job Engine Manager
- Job Engine Server(s) not keeping up with the number of jobs in the job queue
- Verify that Job Engine Service is running on Job Engine Server(s) and ensure that service is not stopped.
- Verify status of the job queue and check the backlogs of jobs via the Job Engine Manager in the Archer Control Panel (ACP)
- Open Archer Control Panel (ACP)
- Select on Plugins from the Archer Control Panel (ACP) tool bar.
- Select Job Engine Manager
- Click on Refresh to see current running jobs
Note: The Job Engine Manager do not dynamically update. To see the updated status of the Job Queue must manually click on the Refresh button)
- To check for queued jobs, click available jobs under the job queue section near the bottom of the screen.
- Click on Refresh to see an updated view on queued jobs.
- Select the Servers tab of the Job Engine Manager, and verify the option for "Discontinue Job Processing" is not checked.
- Additional information for tuning Job Engine can be found in the RSA Archer sizing and performance guide (Chapter 6: Job Engine Service Performance Consideration)