If still having a problem connecting to the Oracle database via Oracle Client data driver, alternatively you could consider to use the OLE DB data driver to communicate with Oracle database in Archer in Data Feed Manager.
There are procedures how to test and configure OLE DB data driver to connect the Oracle database to Archer as following:-
For more details on Oracle connection strings: http://www.connectionstrings.com/oracle.
- Install the OLE DB data driver for the appropriate version of Oracle on the Archer server where Data Feed Manager is being ran. NOTE: Make sure to reboot servers after installing driver.
- Download the Oracle Provider for OLE DB data driver. The Oracle Provider for OLE DB driver could be obtained from the Oracle website, www.oracle.com.
- For example, the 11g Oracle Provider for OLE DB. The link is http://www.oracle.com/technetwork/database/windows/index-089115.html
- Make sure to use the version of the package that matches the system type of your OLE DB data driver:
- use the 64-bit version if you are running a 64-bit driver with Archer 64-bit system.
- use the 32-bit version if you are running a 32-bit driver with Archer 32-bit system.
- Testing the connection between OLE DB data driver and Oracle database by using the Data Link Properties dialog. The Data Link Properties is the standard Windows System interface for configuring connection string to data source. This dialog box contains all the properties that the selected OLE DB provider supports. There are the procedures how to configure the OLE DB data driver for Oracle Provider and then test in the Data Link Properties.
- From the Data Link Properties Dialog, Select the Provider tab and then select the OLE DB data provider for Oracle.
- Click Next to go to Connection tab.
- Under the Connection Tab, enter server name, User name and Password.
- Click on Test Connection. If connection is successful continue on, otherwise double check the details of your server name, Username and Password.
- Configure the Transport page in Data Feed setting in Archer to use Oracle Provider for OLE DB with the Connection string.
- Sample Connection string with Oracle Provider for OLE DB:
Provider=OraOLEDB.Oracle;Data Source=MyOracleDB;User Id=myUsername;Password=myPassword;