This on-demand learning presents an overview of the core architectural concepts and components of the RSA SecurID Access system.
This on-demand learning presents a technical description of the components used in an RSA SecurID Access system; how the components are used to accomplish user authentication and resource protection; and the communication paths, processes, and protocols between the components
IT and System Engineers who are tasked with evaluating or deployment planning for RSA SecurID Access or who otherwise need to understand the RSA SecurID Access architecture.
Students should have familiarity with the concepts of: strong (multi-factor) user authentication, cloud applications, single sign-on, and networking communication basics.
It is helpful for students of this course to also view the RSA University course Introduction to the RSA SecurID Access Solution.
Upon successful completion of this course, participants should be able to:
- Identify the major components of the RSA SecurID Access system
- Identify the components supporting multi-factor authentication and application single sign-on
- Identify the connections made between RSA SecurID Access components and understand component communication paths and protocols
- List fundamental deployment configurations
- System Components
- RSA Authentication Manager
- RSA SSO Agent and RSA Identity Assurance
- Common deployment scenarios
- Administrative consoles and system management
- Authentication Agents and other ancillary components
- Component Integration
- Component interaction
- User identity sources
- Target applications and resources
- Agent protection and Application Portal access
- Single sign-on concepts
- System communication
- Component communication paths
- Protocols used
- Data flow