|Applies To||RSA Product Set: Security Analytics|
RSA Product/Service Type: SA Core Appliance
RSA Version/Condition: 10.2.X, 10.3.X
|Issue||Logdecoder Service shows "Initialization error" in Logdecoder->System page. This error may not allow Capture to start.|
Below errors indicate problematic database file.
|Cause||This is due to corrupted database files during sudden power failure of server.|
|Resolution||Please follow below steps to fix the issue.|
1. Login to putty of Logdecoder.
2. Check /var/log/messages to know the corrupted database file details as mentioned in this KB. Generally that file would be last database file written to that directory.
3. Stop the service using stop nwlogdecoder command.
4. Move the corrupted database file to different location.
5. Start the service using start nwlogdecoder command.
6. Login to GUI and Verify the Administration->Services-> Logdecoder->System page as no "initialization error" now. Start Capture in the same page.