|Applies To||RSA Product Set: NetWitness Endpoint|
RSA Version/Condition: 4.4.x
Platform: Windows, MS SQL Server
|Issue||After moving the ECAT database files (for example: ECAT$PRIMARY.mdf and ECAT$PRIMARY_log.ldf), the SQL Server Job, ECAT_DatabaseCleanup now fails.|
|Cause||Moving the database files can change the owner of the database, or if the Log On As that runs the SQL Server Agent (MSSQLSERVER) service has changed, then the service no longer has permission to run the SQL Server Job, ECAT_DatabaseCleanup.|
To confirm if this is the case, on the SQL Server database system, start the Microsoft SQL Server Management Studio program.
The database login permission issue will be indicated if it shows the error was due to ECATSYNC. User does not have permission to perform this action.
- Open on the left SQL Server Agent > Jobs
- Right-click ECAT_DatabaseCleanup > View History
- Click the + symbol on one of the failed jobs.
- On the SQL Server database system, enter the following: services.msc
Look for the service "SQL Server Agent (MSSQLSERVER)", and note the Log On As used by this service.
It will be formatted as a "domain\user" type of login.
This user must be SYSADMIN on the server.
- Stop the SQL Server Agent (MSSQLSERVER) service.
- Start Microsoft SQL Server Management Studio and run the following SQL command:
Substitute domain\user with the Log On As used by the SQL Server Agent (MSSQLSERVER) service, from Step 1 (NT Service\SQLSERVERAGENT in the above example).
- Start the SQL Server Agent (MSSQLSERVER) service.
- Run the SQL Server Job, ECAT_DatabaseCleanup, or wait for its next scheduled run, to confirm it now works.