|Applies To||RSA Product Set: SecurID|
RSA Product/Service Type: RSA SecurID Software Token for iPhone 2.2
O/S Version: iOS 10.1
- When assigning a new token to an iPhone with iOS 10 installed, the URL that is emailed to the user will not highlight as clickable.
- For iPhones with the Good for Enterprise 3.2.5 email client installed, when attempting to copy and paste the token activation URL from the Good email to the Safari browser on the phone, the token does not activate.
|Cause||There are two causes as to why the activation code does not work from iOS 10:|
- The Good web browser cannot open the software token activation code if it is copied from the Good email client and pasted to the Good web browser.
- If the user copies the URL into the Safari browser, a zero is added to the URL, which causes the activation code to fail when it is submitted. The URL from the Good browser is com.rsa.securid://ctf?ctfData=<"token seed">. When the URL is pasted into Safari, an extraneous zero is added to the string and it changes to com.rsa.securid:0//ctf?ctfData=<"token seed">.
|Resolution||To resolve this issue, |
- Paste the activation code URL into the Safari address bar.
- Before submitting the activation code, remove the zero from the string.
- Click Go.
- The following prompt will display:
Open this page in “RSA SecurID”?
- Click Open.
- The token will import successfully.